Monday, February 11, 2008

I drink what Fiddy drinks

There are a few things starting to hit home about being a grown up. For instance: stamps always go up. As a kid, I didn't even know that people paid for stamps. As far as I was concerned, they grew on trees or were left under pillows--their sticky, evil taste concocted by someone who hated tongues. That's it. I'm sure--because I vaguely remembering hearing it--that adults were always bitching about the rising cost of stamps. As a teenager, I just didn't know how to use a stamp, where to buy one, how many to lick, how many of those I should put on an envelope or postcard (should the short form be my fancy). And all the while, my parents were making angry jokes about the USPS was always knocking the price up. Who knew?

Today, I saw that the price goes up a penny starting tomorrow. My first thought? Damn the post office is always jacking the price up. Seriously. And it made me feel old. I haven't bought a damn stamp in months but all of a sudden, I was terribly concerned. I've bitched less about the price of gas. Weird, eh?

No comments:

Featured Content