Wednesday, August 04, 2004

don't be a fool whose friend you diss

Note.

Long day, longer night.

I am Macon's answer to Truman of Truman Show fame. I'd rather be Macon's answer to Chapelle of Chapelle Show fame. Especially since he's making $50 million for the next two seasons.

I tried to be a good boy. To get out of the city to Atlanta for fun and festivities, then a job opportunity. But God's favorite way to make Him laugh is by making a plan.

God just IM'd me, "LMAO!"

But whoever laughs last laughs last, that's what I always say and therefore, I want to let the big dude upstairs here a little story about something that was terribly wrong but was terribly funny.

Somehow, at 3am, I was at Waffle House with Tangle who appeared to be on drugs. Probably all of them. So I order coffee and toast for her, which only makes a bad situation messy. She exploded creamer all over herself, the table and Flo, our waitress... our extremely patient and kind waitress. When it is all said and done, the mess is cleaned and she's calming down.

Tangle raises her coffee mug with the spoon still in it, talking and kinda swirling the mug around. I knew what she was going to do and when she did, I couldn't stop laughing. I thought about it a few times today already and laughed -- intensity decreasing but laughter all the same.

What my little friend did was try to drink her coffee through her spoon. And it wasn't a "oops, that's a spoon, silly me" deal. It was "fuckin' straw, why won't this fuckin' straw work!?" She struggled for a good ten seconds trying to drink her coffee that way.

And that's why I'll always love her.

No comments:

Featured Content